Skip to main content

Environmental Portraits?


As a beginner in photography,I shot a lot of landscape photos.Why?it is the easiest subject.Not much can go wrong and most people can get away with nice landscape photos-not great and not that bad.Most of us falls under this category of snap shooters of landscape photos-and I was one of them.

As we gained more experience and learnt some knowledge and techniques along the way,then we can produce good and great landscape photos.I am very happy that after seven years I bought a DSLR,one of my landscape photos was used in a property sale advertisement by Putrajaya Holding Sdn Bhd and one was sold at Getty Images.Now,I am happy that I can shoot good landscape photos but there are millions better ones all over the world.

It was not difficult to shoot good landscape photos but it is not easy to produce great ones!

When it comes to ladies portraits,I am a new kid on the block.My only experience was shooting portraits of my grand children.Here,you can see two photos taken at the same place.How do I combine my skills if any to shoot beautiful ladies in beautiful environment to make beautiful Environmental Portraits? 

My dear ladies:That is a tall order for a short photographer like me.Anyway,I never say no-especially to beautiful ladies.So here are the photos.Anything not good are all mine.My apologies to the ladies for my failure to meet your expectations.


Notes; The ladies in the photos are my riding buddies.These shots were taken using my compact camera LUMIX LX5 with no tripod and only natural lighting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SKODENG

SKODENG IS A MALAY WORD WITH NEGATIVE MEANING.IT IS ABOUT SNEAKING AROUND TO SEE WHAT BAD THINGS PEOPLE ARE DOING.THIS WEEK THEME OF THE WEEK OF OUR PUTRAJAYA PHOTOWALK IS SKODENG TO MEAN SNAPPING PHOTOS OF PEOPLE IN PUBLIC THAT ATTRACTED THE PHOTOGRAPHER'S ATTENTION.IT IS A CANDID STREET PHOTOGRAPHY WORTH SHARING.. NU SENTRAL,KL KLIA UMAI CAFE,PUTRAJAYA SURIA KLCC Bank of Kelantan River PASAR TANI,MAEPS  CAR FREE DAY ,KL  NU SENTRAL,KL BANGUNAN SULTAN ABDUL SAMAD ERL,KL-KLIA PASAR TANI,MAEPS AMPANG PARK

Let the photo speak first?

  Should photographers explain their photos, or let the images speak for themselves? A strong photograph can stand on its own. It invites people to look, pause, and interpret the moment in their own way. But sometimes a few words from the photographer reveal the quiet story behind the frame — what was seen, felt, or noticed in that fleeting moment. Perhaps the balance is this: Let the photo speak first. Let the words gently reflect afterwards. 📷

SOLITUDE

  Solitude at the Water’s Edge At the quiet margins of Putrajaya Wetlands Park, moments of stillness often reveal themselves in the simplest scenes. This photograph captures one such moment — a lone bird standing calmly in the shallow waters of the wetlands, surrounded by patches of emerging green and a mirror-like surface that reflects the sky above. What makes this scene compelling is its sense of solitude. The bird stands alone, yet it does not appear lonely. Instead, it seems completely at ease in its environment. The calm water, lightly textured by ripples, creates a soft canvas where reflections blur the boundary between sky and earth. The bird’s reflection anchors it in the frame, quietly doubling its presence in the landscape. The composition embraces minimalism. Most of the frame is filled with open water and subtle tones, allowing the bird to become the natural focal point. The scattered patches of grass break the uniformity of the water surface and hint at the slow, livi...