Skip to main content

Drones with camera

Two days ago,I decided to go for a photowalk around Taman Tasik Cempaka,located about 2km from my house in Bangi.The weather was overcast and I could not locate where the sun was over the horizon.I Just hope for the best.Since,I am using my Fujifilm XT1 55-200mm,quietly I hoped and prayed for a miracle to snap a flying bird.

Along my walking trail,I also snapped whatever objects that I felt interesting.At the same time,I was using different camera settings so that I could learn how the images got affected by a few variations of camera settings.Suddenly,I saw a bird just took off from the ankle deep water and flew away from me.It was too fast for me ,it got away..but I caught a bit of it..



Continuing my walk with my Fujifilm XT1 in my palm,I heard a whizzing sounds above me.It was a drone! I walked further,and I saw a young man was controlling the flight of his Phamton 3.I walked towards him and asked a few stupid questions about his drone.Please excuse my ignorance of this UFO!


Personally,I love gadget like this.It is a great enabler for me to take photo where I can't get access due to physical or legal barriers.What immediately came to my mind was how I could use it in engineering construction supervision and during emergencies like flood,fires etc.It is a also good for facilities management and security.And it also can be used to monitor illegal logging,mining and any other thefts on going in remote areas.Its usage is limited only by our imagination.


As an avid cyclist,I can use it to monitor and control my tribe during our ride.And many more applications,depending on who you are.As any other good tool,it can be  used for good as well for bad and evil.Technolgy is neutral.Only we humans can make the difference.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SKODENG

SKODENG IS A MALAY WORD WITH NEGATIVE MEANING.IT IS ABOUT SNEAKING AROUND TO SEE WHAT BAD THINGS PEOPLE ARE DOING.THIS WEEK THEME OF THE WEEK OF OUR PUTRAJAYA PHOTOWALK IS SKODENG TO MEAN SNAPPING PHOTOS OF PEOPLE IN PUBLIC THAT ATTRACTED THE PHOTOGRAPHER'S ATTENTION.IT IS A CANDID STREET PHOTOGRAPHY WORTH SHARING.. NU SENTRAL,KL KLIA UMAI CAFE,PUTRAJAYA SURIA KLCC Bank of Kelantan River PASAR TANI,MAEPS  CAR FREE DAY ,KL  NU SENTRAL,KL BANGUNAN SULTAN ABDUL SAMAD ERL,KL-KLIA PASAR TANI,MAEPS AMPANG PARK

Let the photo speak first?

  Should photographers explain their photos, or let the images speak for themselves? A strong photograph can stand on its own. It invites people to look, pause, and interpret the moment in their own way. But sometimes a few words from the photographer reveal the quiet story behind the frame — what was seen, felt, or noticed in that fleeting moment. Perhaps the balance is this: Let the photo speak first. Let the words gently reflect afterwards. 📷

SOLITUDE

  Solitude at the Water’s Edge At the quiet margins of Putrajaya Wetlands Park, moments of stillness often reveal themselves in the simplest scenes. This photograph captures one such moment — a lone bird standing calmly in the shallow waters of the wetlands, surrounded by patches of emerging green and a mirror-like surface that reflects the sky above. What makes this scene compelling is its sense of solitude. The bird stands alone, yet it does not appear lonely. Instead, it seems completely at ease in its environment. The calm water, lightly textured by ripples, creates a soft canvas where reflections blur the boundary between sky and earth. The bird’s reflection anchors it in the frame, quietly doubling its presence in the landscape. The composition embraces minimalism. Most of the frame is filled with open water and subtle tones, allowing the bird to become the natural focal point. The scattered patches of grass break the uniformity of the water surface and hint at the slow, livi...