Skip to main content

KTM KL Station

My first train ride began in Palekbang Railway Station(now closed,taken over by Wakaf Baru Station) on Saturday morning 9th January,1965.It was a special ride that made me happy to be admitted to a full boarding school SDAR,Tanjung Malim.Also it equally made me very sad leaving my parents and siblings at tender age of 12 years old.My Express Mail Train stopped at major stations and my disembarkation station is Kuala Lumpur.After travelling all the way to Gemas,I arrived at KL Central Railway Station the next morning at about 7am.On my exit of the station,I had my first encounter with Masjid Negara-a RM10 million mosque! 

KL Railway Station meant a lot to me.It was my gateway to the city from my kampung,Pondok Beris,Bachok in Kelantan.


At the end of each school semester break,I was given a free railway ticket to go back to my kampung.Over the period of four years I was in SDAR,I used KTM 24 times and passed through KL Railway Station on every trip home.When I was in England,I prefer to take train from Sheffield to London.I love to see the undulating British countryside during my travels.As they say,old habit die hard.And now,I prefer to take train to KL from Bangi where I live.


Many government agencies that make a lot of money are corporatised and privatised. KTM still belongs to the government because it is losing money but it provides essential service.Billions were spent on MRT projects in Selangor.I hope to see better train services around Peninsular Malaysia.


As an avid amateur photographer.I like to be at the railway station to shoot photos like the above and below.The people and the trains never fail to fascinate me to take their photos.
Nowadays,with monorail and LRT operated by MRT ,I have more opportunities to take photos.However,nothing beats this station.KTM KL Railway Station is still the OLD  GRAND MOTHER of all the railway stations in Malaysia.



Kuala Lumpur railway station (Malay: Stesen keretapi Kuala Lumpur; Jawi: ستيسين كريتاڤي كوالا لومڤور; Chinese: 吉隆坡火车总站) is a railway station located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Completed in 1910[1] to replace an older station on the same site, the station was Kuala Lumpur's railway hub in the city for the Federated Malay States Railways and its successor Keretapi Tanah Melayu (English: Malayan Railways), before Kuala Lumpur Sentral assumed much of its role in 2001. The station is notable for its architecture, adopting a mixture of Eastern and Western designs.
The station is located along a road named Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin, previously known as Victory Avenue, which in turn was part of Damansara Road. The station is located closely to the similarly designed Railway Administration Building, as well as the National Mosque and Dayabumi Complex. The Pasar Seni LRT station is located 400 metres away, across the Klang River.-Wikidipedia.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SKODENG

SKODENG IS A MALAY WORD WITH NEGATIVE MEANING.IT IS ABOUT SNEAKING AROUND TO SEE WHAT BAD THINGS PEOPLE ARE DOING.THIS WEEK THEME OF THE WEEK OF OUR PUTRAJAYA PHOTOWALK IS SKODENG TO MEAN SNAPPING PHOTOS OF PEOPLE IN PUBLIC THAT ATTRACTED THE PHOTOGRAPHER'S ATTENTION.IT IS A CANDID STREET PHOTOGRAPHY WORTH SHARING.. NU SENTRAL,KL KLIA UMAI CAFE,PUTRAJAYA SURIA KLCC Bank of Kelantan River PASAR TANI,MAEPS  CAR FREE DAY ,KL  NU SENTRAL,KL BANGUNAN SULTAN ABDUL SAMAD ERL,KL-KLIA PASAR TANI,MAEPS AMPANG PARK

Let the photo speak first?

  Should photographers explain their photos, or let the images speak for themselves? A strong photograph can stand on its own. It invites people to look, pause, and interpret the moment in their own way. But sometimes a few words from the photographer reveal the quiet story behind the frame — what was seen, felt, or noticed in that fleeting moment. Perhaps the balance is this: Let the photo speak first. Let the words gently reflect afterwards. 📷

SOLITUDE

  Solitude at the Water’s Edge At the quiet margins of Putrajaya Wetlands Park, moments of stillness often reveal themselves in the simplest scenes. This photograph captures one such moment — a lone bird standing calmly in the shallow waters of the wetlands, surrounded by patches of emerging green and a mirror-like surface that reflects the sky above. What makes this scene compelling is its sense of solitude. The bird stands alone, yet it does not appear lonely. Instead, it seems completely at ease in its environment. The calm water, lightly textured by ripples, creates a soft canvas where reflections blur the boundary between sky and earth. The bird’s reflection anchors it in the frame, quietly doubling its presence in the landscape. The composition embraces minimalism. Most of the frame is filled with open water and subtle tones, allowing the bird to become the natural focal point. The scattered patches of grass break the uniformity of the water surface and hint at the slow, livi...