Skip to main content

EYEEM LESSON #5: LIGHT & REFLECTION





THIS IS THE GOLDEN HOUR AT PANTAI IRAMA,BACHOK.IT IS A CHANCE OF A LIFE TIME TO SEE SUCH COLOURS.THAT SPECIAL MORNING I WAS ARMED WITH FUJIFILM  X-T1.HERE IS A RARE CASE WHERE WE HAVE MAGNIFICIENT  LIGHT AND REFELCTION.

The glow of light under the bridge created the reflection that I treasured as a gift from Allah to me.This took place more than ten years ago when I began shooting with MY first DSLR. At that time,I was on auto mode all the time as I don't even know many features  inside the camera.I just pressed the shutter when I saw what I like in my frame!

Later on,I tried to get this view again but I failed.The sun has changed it position and the water now is dirtier than before.Now,I got the meaning of The Moment.



Below are a few more examples on light and reflection where and when I used in my photos.It is very important to see,recognise and compose all the elements and to use the available light.It may take years and thousands of photos to get them right.






BELOW IS ANOTHER GIFT FROM ALLAH.THERE IS NO WAY I COULD IMAGINE SUCH A VIEW AT PANTAI IRAMA.MY JAWS  PHYSICALLY DROPPED A FEW CENTIMETRES.I SAW,I COMPOSED AND I SHOT.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SKODENG

SKODENG IS A MALAY WORD WITH NEGATIVE MEANING.IT IS ABOUT SNEAKING AROUND TO SEE WHAT BAD THINGS PEOPLE ARE DOING.THIS WEEK THEME OF THE WEEK OF OUR PUTRAJAYA PHOTOWALK IS SKODENG TO MEAN SNAPPING PHOTOS OF PEOPLE IN PUBLIC THAT ATTRACTED THE PHOTOGRAPHER'S ATTENTION.IT IS A CANDID STREET PHOTOGRAPHY WORTH SHARING.. NU SENTRAL,KL KLIA UMAI CAFE,PUTRAJAYA SURIA KLCC Bank of Kelantan River PASAR TANI,MAEPS  CAR FREE DAY ,KL  NU SENTRAL,KL BANGUNAN SULTAN ABDUL SAMAD ERL,KL-KLIA PASAR TANI,MAEPS AMPANG PARK

Let the photo speak first?

  Should photographers explain their photos, or let the images speak for themselves? A strong photograph can stand on its own. It invites people to look, pause, and interpret the moment in their own way. But sometimes a few words from the photographer reveal the quiet story behind the frame — what was seen, felt, or noticed in that fleeting moment. Perhaps the balance is this: Let the photo speak first. Let the words gently reflect afterwards. 📷

SOLITUDE

  Solitude at the Water’s Edge At the quiet margins of Putrajaya Wetlands Park, moments of stillness often reveal themselves in the simplest scenes. This photograph captures one such moment — a lone bird standing calmly in the shallow waters of the wetlands, surrounded by patches of emerging green and a mirror-like surface that reflects the sky above. What makes this scene compelling is its sense of solitude. The bird stands alone, yet it does not appear lonely. Instead, it seems completely at ease in its environment. The calm water, lightly textured by ripples, creates a soft canvas where reflections blur the boundary between sky and earth. The bird’s reflection anchors it in the frame, quietly doubling its presence in the landscape. The composition embraces minimalism. Most of the frame is filled with open water and subtle tones, allowing the bird to become the natural focal point. The scattered patches of grass break the uniformity of the water surface and hint at the slow, livi...