Skip to main content

KL PHOTOWALK 19/2/2017


This is our first Photowalk for Putrajaya Photowalk Group this year -2017. Last year I organised three times but I also attended other photo walks organised by others. We kicked off at Masjid India, crossed the Jalan Tun Perak and explored areas around Pasar Seni. Sadly, Pasar Seni is only open from 10am. We were here at about 9:30am and missed the chance to explore Pasar Seni. However,I was very pleased to see colourful people around its vicinity.

Market, by its own nature, is full of the lively and colourful crowd as shown above. By the way, I love to shoot colourful umbrellas.

Two subjects that attract my interest when I walk in the city-the people and the buildings.Over the last 50 years old buildings are fading away and more new buildings are coming up.Commercial considerations had taken over historical interests and significance.Such is life for many newly developed nations.



Are we building liveable cities in our countries?I have yet to see it in Malaysia.May be it will take another 50 years more..
By the way, there are a few activities on The River Of Life Project for Kuala Lumpur.



Sadly,a few old buildings with grand designs are rotting away.


This photowalk is a special one for me personally.I wanted to walk again the route I took from KTM KL Station to Wisma Waspada Restaurant near Wisma Yakin on 10.1.1965-the first time I arrived in KL on my way to SDAR,Tanjung Malim,Perak.From that day,I began to fall in love with train and railway stations.

New elevated walkaway from Pasar Seni to KTM KL Station

By 10am,we arrived at KTM KL Station.One thing that nobody has changed here is the roofs and the steel trusses.It is the same since I first saw it on Sunday morning 10th January,1965.









I had a field day watching the coming and going of trains-not to mention capturing the people on the platforms. How I wish I could stay longer.May be another time,InsyaAllah.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SKODENG

SKODENG IS A MALAY WORD WITH NEGATIVE MEANING.IT IS ABOUT SNEAKING AROUND TO SEE WHAT BAD THINGS PEOPLE ARE DOING.THIS WEEK THEME OF THE WEEK OF OUR PUTRAJAYA PHOTOWALK IS SKODENG TO MEAN SNAPPING PHOTOS OF PEOPLE IN PUBLIC THAT ATTRACTED THE PHOTOGRAPHER'S ATTENTION.IT IS A CANDID STREET PHOTOGRAPHY WORTH SHARING.. NU SENTRAL,KL KLIA UMAI CAFE,PUTRAJAYA SURIA KLCC Bank of Kelantan River PASAR TANI,MAEPS  CAR FREE DAY ,KL  NU SENTRAL,KL BANGUNAN SULTAN ABDUL SAMAD ERL,KL-KLIA PASAR TANI,MAEPS AMPANG PARK

Let the photo speak first?

  Should photographers explain their photos, or let the images speak for themselves? A strong photograph can stand on its own. It invites people to look, pause, and interpret the moment in their own way. But sometimes a few words from the photographer reveal the quiet story behind the frame — what was seen, felt, or noticed in that fleeting moment. Perhaps the balance is this: Let the photo speak first. Let the words gently reflect afterwards. 📷

SOLITUDE

  Solitude at the Water’s Edge At the quiet margins of Putrajaya Wetlands Park, moments of stillness often reveal themselves in the simplest scenes. This photograph captures one such moment — a lone bird standing calmly in the shallow waters of the wetlands, surrounded by patches of emerging green and a mirror-like surface that reflects the sky above. What makes this scene compelling is its sense of solitude. The bird stands alone, yet it does not appear lonely. Instead, it seems completely at ease in its environment. The calm water, lightly textured by ripples, creates a soft canvas where reflections blur the boundary between sky and earth. The bird’s reflection anchors it in the frame, quietly doubling its presence in the landscape. The composition embraces minimalism. Most of the frame is filled with open water and subtle tones, allowing the bird to become the natural focal point. The scattered patches of grass break the uniformity of the water surface and hint at the slow, livi...