Skip to main content

The road less travelled..


We humans are creatures of habit.Many smoker friends of mine want to stop smoking but they keep on doing it.Similarly,if I visit Pantai Irama,I will follow the same road and park almost at the same location.We are more comfortable with what we are familiar with.We feel safer.New things and new environments make us uncomfortable.We prefer to remain in our comfort zone.

Today,I decided to take detour from my normal roadmap.I took the off road to see the fishing village nearby.I was looking left and right for something more interesting to photograph, but suddenly I noticed a beautiful canopy of trees forming the arch gateway to a football field next to Kuala Bachok.I stopped my car in the middle of the road.No one was around anyway.So,I took few shots with my Samsung Galaxy Note5 and Fujifilm X100T.



As an amateur photographer,I saw this opportunity to improve my skills in composing a good photo using the kampung scenery  with  ambient natural lighting from the sun.The time was about 10:30am.From the few shots,I seleted the best two and did minor cropping.With photos taken via X100T,I have to do more cropping because of the wide angle lens.For landscape shots,I prefer my old Fujifilm XT1.

Note: The above photos were taken using Note5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SKODENG

SKODENG IS A MALAY WORD WITH NEGATIVE MEANING.IT IS ABOUT SNEAKING AROUND TO SEE WHAT BAD THINGS PEOPLE ARE DOING.THIS WEEK THEME OF THE WEEK OF OUR PUTRAJAYA PHOTOWALK IS SKODENG TO MEAN SNAPPING PHOTOS OF PEOPLE IN PUBLIC THAT ATTRACTED THE PHOTOGRAPHER'S ATTENTION.IT IS A CANDID STREET PHOTOGRAPHY WORTH SHARING.. NU SENTRAL,KL KLIA UMAI CAFE,PUTRAJAYA SURIA KLCC Bank of Kelantan River PASAR TANI,MAEPS  CAR FREE DAY ,KL  NU SENTRAL,KL BANGUNAN SULTAN ABDUL SAMAD ERL,KL-KLIA PASAR TANI,MAEPS AMPANG PARK

Let the photo speak first?

  Should photographers explain their photos, or let the images speak for themselves? A strong photograph can stand on its own. It invites people to look, pause, and interpret the moment in their own way. But sometimes a few words from the photographer reveal the quiet story behind the frame — what was seen, felt, or noticed in that fleeting moment. Perhaps the balance is this: Let the photo speak first. Let the words gently reflect afterwards. 📷

SOLITUDE

  Solitude at the Water’s Edge At the quiet margins of Putrajaya Wetlands Park, moments of stillness often reveal themselves in the simplest scenes. This photograph captures one such moment — a lone bird standing calmly in the shallow waters of the wetlands, surrounded by patches of emerging green and a mirror-like surface that reflects the sky above. What makes this scene compelling is its sense of solitude. The bird stands alone, yet it does not appear lonely. Instead, it seems completely at ease in its environment. The calm water, lightly textured by ripples, creates a soft canvas where reflections blur the boundary between sky and earth. The bird’s reflection anchors it in the frame, quietly doubling its presence in the landscape. The composition embraces minimalism. Most of the frame is filled with open water and subtle tones, allowing the bird to become the natural focal point. The scattered patches of grass break the uniformity of the water surface and hint at the slow, livi...