Skip to main content

It is The Light



Without light,there is no life and no photography.I am not here to write about the roles and impacts of light on photograph.At the end of this posting below the last photo I attach the link.

What I am blogging is about my experience in using the light and the objects to create great photographs  from my perspective.I love the morning light as shown above and I also like the evening light as shown in the last photo.The fun part was in the planning,framing  and executing in the making of these images.



How did I get these cool photos? Good luck is a must but we must the know the subject and the place well in order to select the best subject to take photo,the time and the way how to shoot.



The above is a very special photo for me.I have never visualised this image-not even in my dream.I was shooting a  few colour photos.When I decided to convert it to B&W photo,discovered this shot gave me a surreal image like what you see above.It is a gift from Allah to me.Alhamdulilah.

Below is a special evening when the horizon turned orange as seen from the front of my house.I rush out and started shooting.Let me share this with you.I just composed and captured the beauty of colour display on the biggest screen alive.Again,it is another gift.All praises to Allah Al Mussawir.

(An-Nuur 24:35) | 
Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The Parable of His Light is as if there were a Niche and within it a Lamp: the Lamp enclosed in Glass: the glass as it were a brilliant star: Lit from a blessed Tree, an Olive, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil is well-nigh luminous, though fire scarce touched it: Light upon Light! Allah doth guide whom He will to His Light: Allah doth set forth Parables for men: and Allah doth know all things.



The link to an article on the role of light in photography .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SKODENG

SKODENG IS A MALAY WORD WITH NEGATIVE MEANING.IT IS ABOUT SNEAKING AROUND TO SEE WHAT BAD THINGS PEOPLE ARE DOING.THIS WEEK THEME OF THE WEEK OF OUR PUTRAJAYA PHOTOWALK IS SKODENG TO MEAN SNAPPING PHOTOS OF PEOPLE IN PUBLIC THAT ATTRACTED THE PHOTOGRAPHER'S ATTENTION.IT IS A CANDID STREET PHOTOGRAPHY WORTH SHARING.. NU SENTRAL,KL KLIA UMAI CAFE,PUTRAJAYA SURIA KLCC Bank of Kelantan River PASAR TANI,MAEPS  CAR FREE DAY ,KL  NU SENTRAL,KL BANGUNAN SULTAN ABDUL SAMAD ERL,KL-KLIA PASAR TANI,MAEPS AMPANG PARK

Let the photo speak first?

  Should photographers explain their photos, or let the images speak for themselves? A strong photograph can stand on its own. It invites people to look, pause, and interpret the moment in their own way. But sometimes a few words from the photographer reveal the quiet story behind the frame — what was seen, felt, or noticed in that fleeting moment. Perhaps the balance is this: Let the photo speak first. Let the words gently reflect afterwards. 📷

SOLITUDE

  Solitude at the Water’s Edge At the quiet margins of Putrajaya Wetlands Park, moments of stillness often reveal themselves in the simplest scenes. This photograph captures one such moment — a lone bird standing calmly in the shallow waters of the wetlands, surrounded by patches of emerging green and a mirror-like surface that reflects the sky above. What makes this scene compelling is its sense of solitude. The bird stands alone, yet it does not appear lonely. Instead, it seems completely at ease in its environment. The calm water, lightly textured by ripples, creates a soft canvas where reflections blur the boundary between sky and earth. The bird’s reflection anchors it in the frame, quietly doubling its presence in the landscape. The composition embraces minimalism. Most of the frame is filled with open water and subtle tones, allowing the bird to become the natural focal point. The scattered patches of grass break the uniformity of the water surface and hint at the slow, livi...