Skip to main content

ART OF SEEING 2.0


I waited patiently for the last two riders to be at the top of the bridge's vertical curvature and then I shot this photo to create a 3-D image of the sidewalk of Seri Gemilang Bridge, in Putrajaya.It was about 9am and the sun was very bright as you can see the dark shadows. Knowing what we want to shoot and willing to wait is an art of seeing.The rest is clicking the shutter. Gear Note 5.




This photo is almost full with less than 10% negative space. The lines of light became the borders for the body of the train to fill all the triangular space created by the converging lines of light.The role of light here is very dominant.




The photo told me that I was on a London bus heading to Liverpool Street.The building signages are very British. Here,I was capturing the London red bus from a double-decker bus.


I was on my way to cycle in Putrajaya in a car driven by my son. Looking back at the side mirror,I saw beautiful clusters of red clouds generated  by the golden light from the sun at 6.60am. Timing is very important as I took the photo in a moving car.




Every time I pass through  KL Sentral,I will walk to these beautiful escalators at the adjoining building-Nu Sentral.I see if there are interesting light and shadows. On one lucky day,I waited here to shoot someone coming up from the escalators. It was a breathless moment for me shooting this lady. The art of seeing is to be at the right place and at the right time. It is very easy to say but the most difficult to do.



I think this is the most photographed bridge in Putrajaya. It is more than 100m tall.Instead of taking landscape photos of this bridge, I chose to capture the top structural elements of the bridge against the blue sky. The art of seeing is what part of this structure to photograph.

One fine day,I hope to walk with my photography shooting Islamic architecture in Granada and street photography in Marrakesh.InsyaAllah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SKODENG

SKODENG IS A MALAY WORD WITH NEGATIVE MEANING.IT IS ABOUT SNEAKING AROUND TO SEE WHAT BAD THINGS PEOPLE ARE DOING.THIS WEEK THEME OF THE WEEK OF OUR PUTRAJAYA PHOTOWALK IS SKODENG TO MEAN SNAPPING PHOTOS OF PEOPLE IN PUBLIC THAT ATTRACTED THE PHOTOGRAPHER'S ATTENTION.IT IS A CANDID STREET PHOTOGRAPHY WORTH SHARING.. NU SENTRAL,KL KLIA UMAI CAFE,PUTRAJAYA SURIA KLCC Bank of Kelantan River PASAR TANI,MAEPS  CAR FREE DAY ,KL  NU SENTRAL,KL BANGUNAN SULTAN ABDUL SAMAD ERL,KL-KLIA PASAR TANI,MAEPS AMPANG PARK

Let the photo speak first?

  Should photographers explain their photos, or let the images speak for themselves? A strong photograph can stand on its own. It invites people to look, pause, and interpret the moment in their own way. But sometimes a few words from the photographer reveal the quiet story behind the frame — what was seen, felt, or noticed in that fleeting moment. Perhaps the balance is this: Let the photo speak first. Let the words gently reflect afterwards. 📷

SOLITUDE

  Solitude at the Water’s Edge At the quiet margins of Putrajaya Wetlands Park, moments of stillness often reveal themselves in the simplest scenes. This photograph captures one such moment — a lone bird standing calmly in the shallow waters of the wetlands, surrounded by patches of emerging green and a mirror-like surface that reflects the sky above. What makes this scene compelling is its sense of solitude. The bird stands alone, yet it does not appear lonely. Instead, it seems completely at ease in its environment. The calm water, lightly textured by ripples, creates a soft canvas where reflections blur the boundary between sky and earth. The bird’s reflection anchors it in the frame, quietly doubling its presence in the landscape. The composition embraces minimalism. Most of the frame is filled with open water and subtle tones, allowing the bird to become the natural focal point. The scattered patches of grass break the uniformity of the water surface and hint at the slow, livi...