Skip to main content

ON COMPOSITION 4.0


What attracted me to shoot this photo was lines of long shadows from the trees. Then I saw a beautiful white swan swimming nearby. Immediately, I fell in love and kept shooting. Every direction and angle was beautiful. It was a gift from Allah for me to witness His great creation. It was about 7:30am at Central Putrajaya Wetland.




Another elegant white swan swimming alone at the lake inside Keukenhof Garden, Netherlands. Now, I have both-colourful tulips and a beautiful swan. I could not ask for more.




This is one of the many nice rural landscapes of the Netherlands. Their irrigation and agriculture sector are world-class. I love cycling here in May 2017. The lone tree was my subject.




Both top and bottom photos were taken at Pantai Senok, Bachok. Composing these photos are very difficult. Every where I turn to is beautiful in its own way. But I have to choose before the light changes.







Both these photos were taken from Pantai Bachok. The rhu trees are normal but they turn beautiful of the backlighting from the morning sun.








The misty morning made this place in Pantai Bachok looks like a scene from the fantasy world. But the coconut trees are standing tall to remind me where I am. My composition here was to make this place looks surreal.





These two photos were taken from Taman Saujana Hijau. They are textbook composition-leading lines and rules of thirds.







This is my silhouette photo composition. I have to wait for this couple to enter my frame so that I have a specific subject matter. The rest is light and shadows.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SKODENG

SKODENG IS A MALAY WORD WITH NEGATIVE MEANING.IT IS ABOUT SNEAKING AROUND TO SEE WHAT BAD THINGS PEOPLE ARE DOING.THIS WEEK THEME OF THE WEEK OF OUR PUTRAJAYA PHOTOWALK IS SKODENG TO MEAN SNAPPING PHOTOS OF PEOPLE IN PUBLIC THAT ATTRACTED THE PHOTOGRAPHER'S ATTENTION.IT IS A CANDID STREET PHOTOGRAPHY WORTH SHARING.. NU SENTRAL,KL KLIA UMAI CAFE,PUTRAJAYA SURIA KLCC Bank of Kelantan River PASAR TANI,MAEPS  CAR FREE DAY ,KL  NU SENTRAL,KL BANGUNAN SULTAN ABDUL SAMAD ERL,KL-KLIA PASAR TANI,MAEPS AMPANG PARK

Let the photo speak first?

  Should photographers explain their photos, or let the images speak for themselves? A strong photograph can stand on its own. It invites people to look, pause, and interpret the moment in their own way. But sometimes a few words from the photographer reveal the quiet story behind the frame — what was seen, felt, or noticed in that fleeting moment. Perhaps the balance is this: Let the photo speak first. Let the words gently reflect afterwards. 📷

SOLITUDE

  Solitude at the Water’s Edge At the quiet margins of Putrajaya Wetlands Park, moments of stillness often reveal themselves in the simplest scenes. This photograph captures one such moment — a lone bird standing calmly in the shallow waters of the wetlands, surrounded by patches of emerging green and a mirror-like surface that reflects the sky above. What makes this scene compelling is its sense of solitude. The bird stands alone, yet it does not appear lonely. Instead, it seems completely at ease in its environment. The calm water, lightly textured by ripples, creates a soft canvas where reflections blur the boundary between sky and earth. The bird’s reflection anchors it in the frame, quietly doubling its presence in the landscape. The composition embraces minimalism. Most of the frame is filled with open water and subtle tones, allowing the bird to become the natural focal point. The scattered patches of grass break the uniformity of the water surface and hint at the slow, livi...